Shinichiro WATANABE is a Japanese film director, screenwriter, and music producer. He was born in Kyoto, Japan in 1965.
Formerly employee at Sunrise, Shinichiro WATANABE supervised the episode direction and storyboards of many Sunrise anime. He made his directorial debut as the co-director of Macross Plus. He is the director of Cowboy Bebop.
Shinichiro WATANABE will be joining the celebration of Cowboy Bebop 20th Anniversary at Japan Expo next summer, alongside Toshihiro KAWAMOTO, Masahiko MINAMI, Keiko NOBUMOTO, and Kimitoshi YAMANE. His schedule will include signings and panels. So don’t miss this opportunity to meet him and follow our news to keep updated about our program for Cowboy Bebop 20th Anniversary!
As a Director
- 2017: BLADE RUNNER: BLACK OUT 2022
- 2014: Terror in Resonance
- 2014: Space☆Dandy
- 2012: Kids on the Slope
- 2007: Genius Party - Baby Blue ＊ Episode Direction
- 2004: Samurai Champloo
- 2003: The Animatrix - Kid's Story, A Detective Story ＊ Episode Direction
- 2001: Cowboy Bebop: Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door
- 1998: Cowboy Bebop
- 1994: Macross Plus ＊ Co-Director with Shoji KAWAMORI
As a Music Producer
- 2012: Lupin The 3rd - A Woman Called Fujiko Mine
- 2008: Michiko to Hatchin
- 2004: Mind Game
In partnership with Sunrise and Dybex