Harpist, singer, composer, and songwriter drawing on the Arthurian imagination or the moors of her natal region Finistère, familiar with ancestral tales in which the journey is an initiation, Cécile CORBEL has expressed herself, with her musicians, during numerous concerts on the roads of France and around the globe.
Twice awarded the Gold Disc for the soundtrack of studio Ghibli Arrietty, by director Hiromasa YONEBAYASHI and based on a script by Hayao MIYAZAKI, best film music in 2010 in Japan, this unclassifiable artist keeps multiplying projects, encounters, and recordings.
Cécile Corbel - Entendez-Vous
As she was in the middle of recording a new album – to be released in 2019 –, she flew to China in 2017 with her musicians for a series of concerts. A success as another tour has been planned in Asia in 2019.
Between folk, country and inspired mystical pop, Cécile CORBEL brings out a unique dreamlike atmosphere on stage, unravelling her ideal soundtrack, and her latest album Vagabonde, released at the end of 2016.
Come meet Cécile CORBEL at Japan Expo: she will be meeting you with signings and obviously a showcase on Friday and Saturday!
- Harpe celtique et chants du monde (2005 - Keltia Musique)
- SongBook vol. 1 (2006 - Keltia Musique)
- Songbook vol. 2 (2008 - Keltia Musique)
- Karigurashi (2010 - Yamaha Music Communication)
- Arrietty's Song EP, Disque d'or au Japon (2010 - Yamaha Music Communication)
- Karigurashi no Arrietty soundtrack, Gold Disc Award 2010 and Soundtrack of the Year Award 2010 in Japan (2010 - Tokuma)
- SongBook vol. 3 - Renaissance (2011 - Keltia Musique)
- Songbook vol. 4 - Roses (2013 - Keltia Musique)
- Terre des Ours – Film soundtrack (2014 - Polydor)
- La Fiancée (2014 - Polydor)
- Vagabonde (2016 - Polydor)
Waterfalls (live) - Cécile Corbel - Vagabonde (2016)