At Japan Expo, signings from guests on official areas are free, unless otherwide mentionned, but still, you have to follow these steps to get one.
- You must withdraw a signing ticket to get access to any signing session.
- ALL signing tickets have the photo of their owners. You can’t give them to anyone else.
- You can only have one signing per guest during the whole festival.
- To access the signing area (Sumiré), you must show your entrance ticket.
- Signings are strictly forbidden to exhibitors, professional as well as amateur.
Stage 1: the signing ticket
No signing ticket, no signing!
- First of all, go to the Signing Desk to get a signing ticket as early as possible in the day as "first come first served" are distributed at the opening of the show.
- Wait in the line corresponding to the guest you want a signing from.
- When it’s your turn, scan the code corresponding to the guest you want a signing from and check out on the screen that it’s the right guest and session.
- Scan your entrance ticket:
- For lotteries: the lottery is made by the computer. This way, there is no cheating possible. If you win, the computer takes your photo and a ticket with your photo is printed.
- For first come first served: the computer just takes your photo and a ticket with your photo is printed.
Stage 2: the signing
- When you have your signing ticket, go to the Sumiré stage corresponding to the signing on your ticket.
Attention: a signing ticket is only valid for a precise signing, at the time mentioned on the ticket. It doesn’t work for another signing, even with the same guest.
- At the Sumiré stage, your ticket is scanned and your identity checked out thanks to your photo (a dirty, damaged or illegible voucher will be refused at the signing).
- When your turn comes, you can meet the guest and leave with a signing (or photo depending on the type of session you have a ticket for).
New signig rooms!
NEW! The Sumiré area now includes 11 rooms dedicated to signings:
- Sumiré 1 to 5 and 8 to 11 for regular signings
- Sumiré 6 & 7 for photo sessions
2 types of signing
- Regular signings. The guest signs your official product or the ex-libris provided for free.
- Photo sessions. You pose with the guests in front of the photocall and a member of Japan Expo’s staff takes the picture.
- Generally speaking, during signings, you must show an official product from the artist. Counterfeits are in no way official products.
- For some artists, the festival gives a free signing ex-libris.
- The official products of some guests may be available:
- At the Sumiré area, at the times mentioned on the festival schedule.
- At some exhibitors’ booths.
Organize your signing schedule
Siging tickets are given out:
- From the opening of the festival for "first come, first served".
- From the opening or during the day for lotteries: for more information, go to the Signing Desk.
To know where to go, have a look at the floor map and spot:
- The Signing Desk where you’ll get the Signing tickets
- The Sumiré stages where the signings take place