The new features related to signings will be available on the app in the following weeks.
At Japan Expo, signings from guests on official areas are free but still, you have to book a free signing ticket on our mobile app beforehand.
- No signing ticket, no signing!
- NEW! Everything takes place on Japan Expo’s mobile app when it comes to signing ticket: get it and show it at the signing room on your smartphone.
- All the signing tickets have your photo on them. You can’t give them to someone else.
- You can have only one signings per guest during the whole festival.
- To access the Sumiré Area, you must show your entrance ticket.
- Signings are strictly forbidden for exhibitors, professional as well as amateur.
Step 1: the signing ticket
With your smartphone, you can get a signing ticket as soon as you arrive at the festival, after scanning your entrance ticket. Book your signing ticket as soon as possible not to miss your chance!
How does it work? Launch the app and follow these steps:
1. Log in (it is the same account as on the website)
2. Click on the Signings menu
3. Choose the entrance ticket you want to use (the one scanned at the entrance on that day):
- a. If you bought your ticket with Japan Expo, it is already on the app
- b. If you bought your ticket from one of our partners (Fnac or Ticketmaster), you must register your ticket: you can do it before the festival to save time, by scanning your ticket on the app or entering the ticket number on our website
4. Choose your signing session:
- a. For lotteries: click JOUER and let the app do the rest. This way, there is no cheating possible. If you win, take a photo with your smartphone and the app will create your signing ticket that you will have to show at the signing session.
- b. For "first come, first served": click OBTENIR MON BON DÉDICACE, take your photo with your smartphone and the app will create the signing ticket, in the limit of available tickets.
If you have any problem, feel free to get help from the Signing Desk staff at the Sumiré area.
Some tips before your visit
You can get your signing tickets only when you're at the festival, once your ticket has been scanned at the entrance, but before coming:
- check out that you're logged in on the app
- check out that your entrance ticket is in your account (My account > My tickets)
- and charge your phone, or even bring a portable powerbank!
Step 2: the signing session
- When you have your signing ticket, you can go to the Sumiré Area at the time of the session!
Attention: a ticket is only valid for one session, at the time and for the guest indicated on the ticket. It is not valid for any other session, even for the same guest.
- At the Sumiré Area, your ticket will be scanned, and your identity checked out thanks to the photo (if the photo does not look like the person showing it, it will be refused).
- When your turn comes, you will meet the artist and get your signing.
- Generally speaking, during signing sessions, you must show an official product from the artist. It may seem obvious but it’s worth a reminder, an official product is in no way a counterfeit!
- For some artists, the festival gives a free ex-libris for the signing.
- For some guests, some products are available:
- at the merch tables set up in the Sumiré Area
- at some exhibitors' booths
Plan your signing schedule
From then on, you can start creating your personal schedule by adding the signings you wish to attend: click "Add to schedule" on the website or the sign "+" on the app. Then you'll find all your signings in My account > My schedule, on the website or on the app.
To know where to go, have a look at the floor map and locate the Sumiré Area where the signings are held.