In 1992, techno rave unit TRF (or TK Rave Factory) was formed by DJ KOO, YU-KI, SAM, CHIHARU, and ETSU. Having produced many hit songs, their total CD sales has reached more than 21 million copies, and the group has received many prestigious awards including the Japan Record Award in 1995. Their concept, combining DJ, vocals and dance, has inspired a wide audience throughout the years, and still carries the fans away today.
In November 2012, they released their 20th anniversary album, TRF 20th Anniversary COMPLETE SINGLE BEST, containing their 31 singles and new songs. To mark the occasion even more, they released a single on the group’s official anniversary day, WATCH THE MUSIC, and launched a national tour in six cities, which has been filmed then released on DVD in August. The same year, they produced another DVD fusing big hits and dance exercises, which has sold more than 3.5 million copies.
In September 2017, this time in order to celebrate the group’s 25th anniversary, they gave a dance play with no dialogue or singing, titled DANCE REPUBLIC ~The devotion~, and have been holding live shows and events since February to show their appreciation to fans.
The iconic group of the Japanese music scene TRF is Japan Expo 19th Impact's Music Guest of Honor. Come celebrate this mythical band's 25th anniversary by discovering them in showcase on Thursday!
- Achieved 5 consecutive million sellers
- Achieved 3 months consecutive million sellers
- Reveived Japan Gold Disc Award for 2 consecutive years
- Biggest selling single: CRAZY GONNA CRAZY (1.59 million copies)
- Biggest selling album: dAnce to positive (2.38 million copies)
- Physical single sales: 11.39 million copies
- Physical album sales: 10.27 million copies
- Biggest tour: TOUR ’95 dAnce to positive-Overnight Sensation (46 shows)
Find TRF on the official website trf.avexnet.or.jp