Masahiko OKURA (大倉雅彦) is a talented animator with an experience of more than 30 years in the animation world. Born in Tokyo in 1963, he currently lives in Machida. He started out in 1982 at Studio Carpenter, an animation studio known for assisting Toei Animation in the making of many of its productions. However, he ended up leaving Studio Carpenter to carry on his career as a freelancer.
He notably worked on Magical Taluluto, launched at the beginning of the 1990s, of which he directed the animation. In 2007, he directed Blue Drop, a science fiction anime adapted from the eponymous manga by Akihito YOSHITOMI. He is currently the director of The Silver Guardian, broadcasted since last April in simulcast. Come celebrate the 100th anniversary of Japanese animation with him at Japan Expo!
- The Kabocha Wine (The♥かぼちゃワイン) (intervals)
- Rock'n Roll Kids (愛してナイト) (intervals)
- Final Yamato (宇宙戦艦ヤマト完結編) (intervals)
- Video Warrior Laserion (ビデオ戦士レザリオン) (artistic design, mecha design)
- TRANSFORMERS (pilot version, 1st series) (key poses, design)
- The Transformers: The Movie (animation director, design)
- U-BAROT (新世紀ロボ ユーバロット) (animation director, design)
- Yankee Repputai (ヤンキー烈風隊) (animation director, design)
- Magical Taluluto (まじかる☆タルるートくん) (animation director, design)
- Tōi Umi kara Kita Coo (遠い海から来たCOO)(animation director, design)
- MAPS (マップス) (animation director, design)
- Blue Submarine N°6 (青の6号 歳月不待人 -TIME AND TIDE-) (Dream Cast game) (director)
- Yukikaze (戦闘妖精雪風) (director)
- Blue Drop (BLUE DROP 〜天使達の戯曲〜) (director)
- The Silver Guardian (銀の墓守り) (director)
Japanese animation is 100 years old: come celebrate with us!