Q: When will tickets be on sale?
A: Tickets are on sale a few months before the festival, often at fall, on our website and in the usual ticketing networks.
The launch of ticketing is announced on our website and social media, so follow our news to be the first to get the information.
Tickets for Japan Expo 18th Impact are on sale: click here to buy them!
Q: Is there a discount for children?
A: Children under 8 get in for free (you will be asked to show a justification)! Children who are 8 years old or more must have a regular ticket, there are no children discount. A free pass will be given to children under 8 at the entrance of the festival.
Q: Is the number of tickets limited?
A: It depends on the type of ticket:
- 1-day tickets are not limited. You can buy them online or in ticket offices with a discount until the day before the festival and then they are available for their regular price on site until Sunday all day.
- 4-day passes are limited and available before the festival only, until the day before.
- Zen Tickets and Zen+ Tickets are very limited and available before the festival on our website only. Be ready for the sale as they may get sold out quickly.
Q: Why buy tickets before the festival?
A: Tickets bought before the festival on our website or in our ticketing networks are cheaper then tickets sold at the ticket offices on site. They also allow you to get in earlier, from 9.00 am.
If you buy tickets on site, please note that the cash desks open at 10.00 am and that you won’t get the discount.
Q: Until when are presale tickets available?
A: Until the day before the festival. Then you have to buy tickets on site from 10.00 am every morning (the festival is open at 9.00 am for presale tickets) and you don’t get the discount (presale tickets are cheaper).
Q: I bought my ticket but in the end I will be unable to come to the festival. Can I give it to someone else?
A: 1-day tickets and 4-day passes have no name; thus, you can give your ticket to another person.
Yet, if there were to occur any problem, we will only be able to solve it if the person who has bought is with you. Otherwise, the ticket-holder will not be allowed in.
Zen and Zen+ Tickets are name specific: you cannot give them to someone else. Only the person whose name is on the Zen or Zen+ Ticket is allowed to use it.
Q: I didn’t receive my ticket by e-mail. What can I do?
A: If you bought your ticket(s) from a Fnac or Ticketmaster ticket office, or from www.ontours.fr, please contact them.
If you bought tickets from our website:
- please check out your junk e-mails, it might be in there
- if it’s not, please use the "Contact us" section of the website to send us a message (select Ticketing as the request type)
- your ticket is also available in your Japan Expo account on the website, please log in and you’ll find your ticket(s) in the ticket section of your user account
Q: Where can I buy tickets to Japan Expo?
A: Here's where you can buy each type of ticket:
- 1-day tickets and 4-day passes are on sale on our website without any extra fees, and in the Fnac or Ticketmaster networks.
- Zen and Zen+ Tickets are in limited quantity and on sale only on our website.
The sale is announced on our website and social networks: follow our news for more information.
1-day tickets are also available on site from 10.00 am every morning of the festival.
Q: Can I buy tickets for the next days on site?
A: Yes, tickets for Friday, Saturday and Sunday are available at the ticket offices on site from Thursday on.
Q: Can I buy 4-day passes on site?
A: 4-day passes are sold before the festival only. On site, you can buy 1-day tickets for each day if you want to come everyday. Get a 4-day pass before the show to save money.
Q: I bought my ticket in a FNAC ticket office and it says that I have a fast-pass. What is it for?
A: This fast-pass means that you can use the presale line at the festival and enter from 9.00 AM, instead of 10.00 AM for people who buy tickets on site.
Q: I bought my ticket in a Ticketmaster ticket office and it says that I get a free meal. How do I get it?
A: It is a free meal for 1 meal paid for in a selection of restaurants which are partners of Ticketmaster. Please ask your questions to Ticketmaster to get more information.
Q: I have another question! What do I do?
A: You can read the practical information and the other FAQ, and if it still does not answer your question, send us a message and we’ll find the answer! Use the "Contact us" section of the website and be careful when choosing the type of request, it will be easier for us to find the answer.
Q: I made a mistake on my birthdate when buying my ticket on your website. How can I change it?
A: The birthdate when buying a 1-day ticket or 4-day pass is not compulsory. Therefore, there is no need to change it.
If you made the mistake for a Zen or Zen+ Ticket, please contact our Ticketing service via our contact form.