The basics: the floor map
Don’t wait until you’re at the festival to get acquainted with the venue! The floor map is online a few weeks before the event:
- On our website, in the Floor Map tab;
- On our mobile app, in the Floor Map section.
From the moment the floor map is online, you can start getting ready and prepare your visit:
- Locate the booths you’re interested in;
- Locate the stages hosting the events you’re interested in (to know where the events will be taking place;please read the online schedule)
- Locate the entrances and exit;
- Locate the services you might be needing during the event such as the Info Desk, the ATMs, the nursery…
To find a booth, you just have to find it in the exhibitors’ list, look at the booth number, and find it on the map thanks to the number.
On site, paper floor maps are available in self-service and posters are put up everywhere:
- Self-service paper floor maps available at the festival entrances and at the Info Desk, and that you’ll keep with you at all times;
- Floor maps put up in the festival alleyways, with labels indicating your location.
Finding your way is easy as ABC: signs
On site, tools are set up to help you find your way:
- From the car park to the entrance, many direction signs and a colored path;
- Inside, direction signs hanging from the ceiling;
- And wide colored banners, hanging from the ceiling, showing the location of big areas and stages, entrances and the exit.
Follow the landmarks: colors and stars
On all our signs, there are landmarks to help you read them, with colors and stars.
On the signs or on the ground, the colors are a precious guide to find your way at Japan Expo:
- Dedicated colors for each area and stage, to spot them more easily;More information about the colors associated with each stage on this page.
- Carpet paths with colors corresponding to those on the floor map;
- Colored arrows on the direction signs hanging from the ceiling, corresponding the carpet colors.
The floor map will be putting stars in your eyes! And they will help you spot where you are on the map. You don’t know where you are? Here’s what to do:
- Raise your head.
- Find the closest direction sign.
- Find the stars and read the numbers on it.
- Now you just have to find the same star on the floor map and you’ll know exactly where you are!
- To find the Yuzu stage, take a U-turn and follow the orange carpet.
- You’re at star 5.6: find it on the floor map and you’ll know where you are!
- To find the Sakura stage, turn right and follow the blue carpet.
- To find the exit, turn left and follow the red carpet.
The staff: ready to help at all times
The festival staff members are always ready to help and guide you! From the moment you exit the train station or car park, they show you the directions to halls 8 (for security checks) and 7 (where the lines are). At the entrance of hall 7, they show you which line to wait in, depending on whether you have a ticket or not, or on the type of your ticket.
Once you’re in, the Info Desk staff are always ready to help you find your way or find the booth, stage, or any other place you’re looking for. They are also by your side in the festival alleyways, to guide you wherever you are: they’re easy to spot as they are wearing big red flags on their backs.